v490 updates

Hello all, and Happy New Year! 🙂

It’s been a while from the last v490 update. I’ve had some issues at the end of last year and forgot to make a December build:

• My Nexus 5 has died: I was trying to fix its Wi-Fi hardware and happened to broke the whole thing. Now I’m struggling with a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Duos TV (long name, shitty hardware) until I buy a new phone. A good new phone in Brazil costs too much and some good brands are not available here (no Pixel, for example). I want to buy a OnePlus 5T soon from GearBest.
  • LineageOS 15.0 for LG G Pad 8: until now, mycax could make it boot, but no Wi-Fi and no sensors at all. He tried to use a modified aboot image but the device bricked. I’m gonna go back to work with him on this next month.
  • Co-advisor in a MS work: currently, I am spending much of my time being a Co-advisor Professor in a MS work. This is top priority for now.

I wish you all a happy flashing! 🙂

Tagged with: , , ,
7 comments on “v490 updates
  1. Morganismo says:

Happy New Year to all! Thanks a lot for maintaining V490’s rom and keep it alive! I wish you good luck with Lineage 15!

2. Didier says:

Hello,

any progress with LineageOS 15?

3. Didier says:

Anyway, thank you for maintaining LineageOS for our device!

Best regards
    Didier

4. Panos says:

You have done a really great job and my v490 is currently running Android 7.1.2!!! But i must say i am thinking of going back to Lollipop because everything is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow… Before i do it i thought it would be good to share it with you in case i am doing something wrong. (Using latest open Gapps package as suggested)

• just says:

Hi, Panos.

I also noticed the performance decrease. I think it is related to system updates (Android is getting heavier) and apps. My Nexus 5 is also not so fast as before. 🙁

5. Morganismo says:

Hi just,

I hope you are doing great! Just a quick question there.. Because I saw that you have dropped support for v490 I want to ask if it is possible to install the v480’s rom on my tablet. (I don’t need LTE.)