Development news

Hello, everyone. In this post, I’ll talk about the development of both MobSink and LineageOS.

First of all, I’ve made new builds of TWRP for v480 and v490. It is now version 3.1.0-0 and you can download it via the links below:

Also, as promised, there is a monthly unofficial build for v490, which you can download via the link in this blog’s LineageOS page.

Currently I’m trying to fix the Wi-Fi bug that prevents the device to automatically connect to a known Wi-Fi network. I suppose it is related to the vendor blobs I’m using. I also tried to make some improvement to touchscreen, since some people are reporting bad responses. I got some logcats from two of these users, but it gives no clue about the problem. Anyway, I’ll try again later (Wi-Fi is priority).

At last, MobSink is having some improvements for the new version. In this week, I coded a command-line tool to convert OpenStreetMap XML files to MobSink XML, so we can use real maps to simulate a Relevance-based WSN. Also, MobSink now allows to create a relevance schedule for sensors in a WSN (this will be documented this week in MobSink page).

That’s what I have to say by now. If you have any question, write a comment below.

Posted in Android, Development, LARA, LineageOS, TWRP, WSN Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , ,
23 comments on “Development news
  1. Morganismo says:

Thank you so much that you keep developing this ROM! The last build is more responsive in terms of touch but it still has the WiFi auto-connect problem as you already said in your post. Other than that it’s amazing having the Nougat on our old tablet and the battery saving is pretty amazing! Hope you keep developing this ROM at least at the point of being bug free. ūüôā

2. Gabriel Moura says:

Ol√°!
    Desde a atualização para a Rom Lineage14.1, venho sofrendo com a conexão Wi-Fi do meu aparelho. Quedas constantes da rede e sinal fraco são problemas corriqueiros durante a utilização do tablet no dia a dia.
    Recentemente, refiz a instala√ß√£o da Rom mais atual dispon√≠vel, utilizando o ‘gapps Super’ do site opengapps. Percebi que o pacote cont√©m o app “google connectivity services”, aplicativo que ‘talvez’ fa√ßa a conex√£o funcionar corretamente, pois o aparelho volta a conectar o Wi-Fi de forma autom√°tica.
    Porém, após a reinicialização do tablet, o problema volta a ser presenciado, fazendo o aparelho voltar aos problemas anteriores.
    Espero poder ajudar com esse relato…
    Muito obrigado.

3. markof75 says:

Thanks for rom. The bugs I noticed this is wifi and not working to record video from the camera. Besides that, ok, the battery keeps quite long. I’m counting on improving the bugs found in the future.

4. Carla says:

Eu estou tendo problemas para instalar a vers√£o LineageOS 14.1 for v490: lineage-14.1-20170409-UNOFFICIAL-v490 no meu LG-v490…
    J√° tentei duas vezes e d√° erro na hora de instalar, diz que √© incompat√≠vel! Qual ser√° o problema?ÔĽŅ

• markof75 says:

Alterar o TWRP 3.0.3.0. Isso é o que eu tinha e depois de mudar para esta versão instalada sem nenhum problema.

5. Harduser says:

Hi. I can’t install new version of Lineage OS built 20170409 because it seems like this file is corrupt.

6. Joe says:

Aroma File Manager does not work in TWRP 3.1.0-0 v490

7. Jimmy Vasquez says:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6HnvpggPH_hVlVDZ3FWZU9MejA I have made some custom roms for the v480 model, they are all functional, greetings ūüôā

8. renato says:

I have made some custom roms for the v480 model, they are all functional, greetings ūüôā https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6HnvpggPH_hVlVDZ3FWZU9MejA

9. renato says:

I have compiled some roms, but I can not share the link here

10. renato says:

I have compiled some roms i want to share

• Wilson Esquibel says:

Amigo,caracteristicas ,desarrollo,fuentes de las roms.Donde se puede encontrar ese material?
      Saludos desde uruguay

11. Wilson Esquibel says:

Amigo,caracteristicas ,desarrollo,fuentes de las roms.Donde encontrar informacion?
    Saludos desde uruguay.

12. Wilson Esquibel says:

Utilizando esta rom las ultimas semanas;un unico detalle:en todas las actualizaciones he tenido problemas con el wifi.(se desconecta algunas veces al dia)Agradecido por tu trabajo. Saludos desde uruguay

13. Kermit says:

Any news on the WIFI issue?

I had a check with aLogcat. It reports the following issue:
    E/Wifiservice( 907): Permission denial: Need ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION or ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION permission to get scan results
    Maybe it is just a permission setting….
    Do you think this is related to the problem?

Hope this will be fixed soon! Anyway, many thanks for your work.